Sharing innovations in financing tools for business!
Join us this October for an AgPlus Funders Forum at the McClellan Conference Center in Sacramento County, hosted by the Central Valley AgPlus Food and Beverage Consortium.
The purpose of the two-day event is to share innovations in financing tools for business, and to determine the feasibility of a regional finance fund to support new and existing food and Ag businesses in the Central Valley.
Day One Features:
- Keynote speeches and policy discussions based on an update of 2012’s Capital Access Report by the California Financial Opportunities Roundtable (calFOR).
- The report highlights financial needs for businesses in California, with specific focus on investment vehicles/asset classes and how they are potentially relevant to achieving rural economic development goals, and provides policy recommendations to be implemented.
- Our conference will focus on what policies have been carried out and areas that still require attention.
- Glenda Humiston, UC Ag and Natural Resources Vice President, will moderate this policy discussion, which will include members of the original calFOR team.
- We will conclude the day with a working session focusing on a potential regional finance fund structure for Ag-based businesses in California. You can view the original 2012 calFOR report here.
Day Two Features:
- Trade show with consultation areas for businesses and finance practitioners
- Several breakout sessions related to policy recommendations in the calFOR report
- Breakout session topics will range from currently accessible funding sources to alternative lending and implications for the private sector on the changing Federal funding landscape
We encourage you to join us in developing new ways to support our vital food and agriculture businesses.
Sponsorship opportunities are available. View our sponsor package here.