Value-Added Producer Grant 2017 Applications Now Accepted
USDA Rural Development’s Value-Added Producer Grant (VAPG) program helps California’s Ag producers increase income opportunities by developing or expanding markets for new or existing value-added products.
VAPG applications are now being accepted. Please visit the VAPG website, or the August 28, 2017 Federal Register notice for complete program details.
In addition, USDA Rural Development California staff will host a webinar on Thursday, October 12, 2017. Anyone interested in applying to the VAPG program is strongly encouraged to attend.
Topics will include:
- Who can apply and what are eligible program uses;
- How to write a strong application;
- Common mistakes and how to avoid them.
VAPG At a Glance
- Program open to independent producers, ag producer groups, farmer/rancher co-ops, majority-controlled producer-based ventures
- $18 million total available nationally; Planning grants max $75,000; Working capital grants max $250,000
- Deadlines: Jan. 24, 2018 for electronic grants.gov apps; Jan. 31, 2018 for paper apps
- Complete details in August 29, 2017 Federal Register Notice or online at VAPG website